Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Mode When Ignoring Zeroes

I've done some searching; I hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere.

I have a column of data where I want to calculate the modes while ignoring
zeroes that are in the table. So:

Column 1
1
1
1
0
0
0
0
2
3

Mode w/o Zeroes = 1

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the following array formula:

=MODE(IF(A1:A10<0,A1:A10,FALSE))

Since this is an array formula, you must press CTRL SHIFT ENTER rather than
just ENTER when you first enter the formula and whenever you edit it later.
If you do this properly, Excel will display the formula enclosed in curly
braces { }.

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ArrayFormulas.aspx for much more
information about array formulas.

--