Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I make Excel automatically count down the date?

Hi, I have been having headache about getting my worksheet working? First of
all, How to create a formula that can automatically sum up the Julian Date,
What I want is Add A2 and B2, I can get D2. The other thing is the remaining
Date, What formula I should put in here so day does change everyday by
itself, if today is 91, then tomorrow will be 90, day after tomorrow will be
89. Please help me with these problem, I appreciate you great help! Thank
you!

A B C
1 PM CYCLE INITIATE DT Days Remaining PM Due
2 91 07234 91 07325
3 182 07234 182
08051
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jason,

You need a fixed start time say Aug 23 2007 in a cell.
If TODAY() is also Aug 23 2007 then
To calculate the days from today it is Aug 23 2007 €“ TODAY() + 91 = 91
Tomorrow that will become 90, next day 89 etc because TODAY() is incrementing.

You need to realize that you cant count down unless you have a fixed date
reference from which to start.

I assume that you are using the method described in help to calculate the
Julian date. I suggest that you use the 4 digit year in the Julian date. You
can then take the value of the text string created and you wont have the
leading zero to worry about. I dont think that this makes any difference
with the formulas; it is just easier to read as a date. It does need to be in
numeric format to use the values.

Formula for Julian date today displaying leading 4 digit year and converted
to numeric value. (Adapted from Help example):-

=VALUE(TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy")&TEXT((TODAY()
-DATEVALUE("1/1/"&TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy"))+1),"000"))

Note: The above formula is a single line and if it appears with a break then
it is only due to the limited space to insert it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

OssieMac