Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index array question

Are there limitations to the Index array formula? I use this formula on a
price sheet that is about 13,000 rows. From about 11,000 to the end and a
small patch toward the beginning, the formula will not copy down to the
cells. I have tried dragging it down and also copying the formula, pasting
it in, and changing the cell references. Sometimes it will change back to
the orginial cell references and then disappear. Is this happening because
of a limitation to the formula or is there something wrong in the formatting
of the individual cells? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thank you so much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No there is no limitation, array formulas over 13000 rows will be slow
that's all.
I have no idea why your workbook behaves this way, since this is the 3rd
time you have posted this question I assume your problem is rather unique.
Do you have any macros in this workbook?

Peo Sjoblom

"LJoe" wrote in message
Are there limitations to the Index array formula? I use this formula on a
price sheet that is about 13,000 rows. From about 11,000 to the end and a
small patch toward the beginning, the formula will not copy down to the
cells. I have tried dragging it down and also copying the formula,
pasting
it in, and changing the cell references. Sometimes it will change back to
the orginial cell references and then disappear. Is this happening
because
of a limitation to the formula or is there something wrong in the
formatting
of the individual cells? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thank you so much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are no macros in the workbook that I am aware of. I will check it to
make sure. Since there are no limitations to the function itself, that
should point me in the right direction to finding the problem. Thank you for
your help! I really appreciate it!