Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup function

Hi,

I have 2 worksheets in a workbook:

Sheet1:

Column A B C
row1 W X 3
row2 Y Z 4

Sheet2:
Column A B C
row1 Y Z

The value of cell C1 should be 4, according to sheet1
If I want to use vlookup function to retrieve the value from Sheet1, is it
possible to do so? Since I am searching on more than 1 column......

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way which does the dual criteria lookup ..

In Sheet2,

Put in C1, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
(instead of just pressing ENTER):
=INDEX(Sheet1!C$1:C$10,MATCH(1,(Sheet1!A$1:A$10=A1 )*(Sheet1!B$1:B$10=B1),0))
Copy down as desired. Adapt the ranges to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"Ivan" wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 worksheets in a workbook:

Sheet1:

Column A B C
row1 W X 3
row2 Y Z 4

Sheet2:
Column A B C
row1 Y Z

The value of cell C1 should be 4, according to sheet1
If I want to use vlookup function to retrieve the value from Sheet1, is it
possible to do so? Since I am searching on more than 1 column......

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the combination of criteria are unique:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A$1:A$10=A1),--(Sheet1!B$1:B$10=B1),Sheet1!C$1:C$10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP