Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumproduct and sorting

I have no problems with the sumproduct formula itself, however, once I get
the information i need into a table, the information is compromised when i
try to sort the columns. E.G. Sumproduct returns the following results

Constant Sumproduct result
Company 1 15
Company 2 10
Company 3 16
Company 4 5

When i try to sort the information by result, I get something like

Constant Sumproduct result
Company 1 16
Company 2 15
Company 3 10
Company 4 5

Can anyone help me with this? Also, would your answer differ if there were
mutiple columns that had a sumproduct result?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right - sorry about that, maybe that's not the exact answer but i want
everything to sort together, ie

Constant Sumproduct result
Company 3 16
Company 1 15
Company 2 10
Company 4 5

but it's not working, the informaiton is being compromised and i don't know
how to keep all the results and companies matched up, even when i try to sort.

"Lauren" wrote in message
I have no problems with the sumproduct formula itself, however, once I get
the information i need into a table, the information is compromised when i
try to sort the columns. E.G. Sumproduct returns the following results

Constant Sumproduct result
Company 1 15
Company 2 10
Company 3 16
Company 4 5

When i try to sort the information by result, I get something like

Constant Sumproduct result
Company 1 16
Company 2 15
Company 3 10
Company 4 5

Can anyone help me with this? Also, would your answer differ if there
were
mutiple columns that had a sumproduct result?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Also - here's the formula.

+SUMPRODUCT(--('To make pivot table with'!$B$4:$B$3150='Discounted
'!$F$5),--('To make pivot table with'!$D$4:$D$3150='Discounted '!A7)*('To
make pivot table with'!$AK$4:$AK$3150))

The constant in this case would be cell A7.

Thanks.