-   -   Pass Cell Address to OFFSET (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/154802-pass-cell-address-offset.html)

ExcelGuy555

Pass Cell Address to OFFSET

Hello. I have calculated a cell address of say $A$1 using the CELL function.
I would now like to use the OFFSET function to get the value of what's in say
cell B1. How do I pass this text cell address to a usable input into the
OFFSET function. Thank you very much for your input.

T. Valko

Pass Cell Address to OFFSET

Use INDIRECT.

Either wrap the CELL formula inside INDIRECT or put the CELL formula in
another cell and use INDIRECT to reference that cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ExcelGuy555" wrote in message
Hello. I have calculated a cell address of say $A$1 using the CELL
function.
I would now like to use the OFFSET function to get the value of what's in
say
cell B1. How do I pass this text cell address to a usable input into the
OFFSET function. Thank you very much for your input.

ExcelGuy555

Pass Cell Address to OFFSET

Excellent - Thanks much. I used this and it worked perfectly!