David M

Default How do I remove all text to the left of the @ in an email address

How do I remove all text to the left of the @ in an email address? I have a
column with email addresses and I want to create a new column with just the
text that is to the right of the @ symbol. In other words,
is the existing data and I want to create a new column with just the msn.com
string.
David M

Thanks Jon - I look forwars to working through your formula to understand it.

What I tried in the meantime (and it worked - however it may be just luck)
was to use Ctrl-H (Replace) and inserted a wild card * in the search for
string and then replaced it with nothing (resulst into a new column);

Replace *@ with [nothing] and it worked.

However - I like yours better as it will probably be more reliable.

Thanks for the help.

btw - go the Wallabies!

;-)

"Springbok" wrote:

Hi,

Assume appears in A1. In B1 I would insert the
following formula: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1))

Cheers,
Jon

"David M" wrote:

How do I remove all text to the left of the @ in an email address? I have a
column with email addresses and I want to create a new column with just the
text that is to the right of the @ symbol. In other words,

is the existing data and I want to create a new column with just the msn.com
string.

Gord Dibben

David

Copy the column then on the copied column.

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by "other". Enter the @ sign.

Import whichever column you want and Finsish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP