Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMPRODUCT using more than 2 criteria?

I am trying to count the number of patient admits in worksheet 'admwrksht'.
I want all patients that have the designated financial class, which in this
case would be in cell A15, and want to also make sure the admit day is equal
to field B2, and they don't have a hospital service code of SWG or NUR(in
range name HOSP). The formula below I have gotten, to the point of counting
all patients with the financial class(range name FIN) in field A15 and the
day(range name ADMDAY) in B2, but I can't get it not to count patients that
have SWG or NUR in the HOSP range name. Any thoughts? I have never tried
using more than two criteria, so am stumped.

=SUMPRODUCT(('MTD Stats.xls'!FIN=ADMITS!$A15)*('MTD
Stats.xls'!ADMDAY=ADMITS!$B$2))

Hope someone can help....I'm at a stopping point until I can figure it
out.... thanks in advance for your oh so knowledgeable help !!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you thank you thank you!!!! That's why I love this site, you learn
something new ALL the time!!!!

"Max" wrote:

whoops, sorry, think I missed the "not" in your specs:
.. get it not to count patients that have SWG or NUR in the HOSP range name

It should be the other way round, viz:
=SUMPRODUCT(('MTD Stats.xls'!FIN=ADMITS!$A15)*('MTD
Stats.xls'!ADMDAY=ADMITS!$B$2)*(ISNA(MATCH('MTD
Stats.xls'!HOSP,{"SWG";"NUR"},0))))

Plug-in criteria: ..*(ISNA(MATCH('MTD Stats.xls'!HOSP,{"SWG";"NUR"},0)))
--
Max
Singapore