Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Figuring hours for Overtime with special exception/case

I hope you can understand this. I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet in Excel
that will show Reg and OT hours. The problem is that some of our employees
are Union, and they fall under a special category when figuring out OT hours.
The Union rule (for our local Bricklayers) is that they receive Time and a
Half if they work on Saturday, REGARDLESS if they work 40 hours during the
week or not. They can work less only on Saturday, and all of it would be
Time and a Half. If they work on Sundays or Holidays, they receive Double
Time, again, REGARDLESS of how many hours they worked during the week. So
far I have the template set up to enter hours for every day of the week.
Other than that, I know the formula is complicated and have no clue. Not all
of our guys are Union, so they are a basic formula when figuring out OT. Can
someone PLEASE help me!!! I can do basic formulas, but this one has all of
my brain cells burnt out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is an essential piece missing other than creating a formula to
calculate those workers salaries in the union: something identifying that
someone is in the union so you can pivot the if statement (which is nested
and rather long and difficult) off of. It is nearly impossible to show you
how to do this on this forum, so if you would like to email me at
I can forward you an excel document how to set it up with
the formulas already in there (I created them to double check).