Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXCEL 2007 Numbering

Is it possible to customize a series of numbers on an excel spread sheet. For
example, I want a number sequence to be A100, then A101, then A102 up to A
1000. In WORD it can be done, but I can't figure out how in EXCEL 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should work in any version:

Type
A100
in your first cell, then
A101
in your second cell (column or row - doesn't matter),
Select *both* cells,
And using the fill handle of that 2 cell selection, drag to copy *and*
increment.
--
HTH,

RD

"LBaldi2590" wrote in message
Is it possible to customize a series of numbers on an excel spread sheet.

For
example, I want a number sequence to be A100, then A101, then A102 up to

1000. In WORD it can be done, but I can't figure out how in EXCEL 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should work in any version:

Type
A100
in your first cell, then
A101
in your second cell (column or row - doesn't matter),
Select *both* cells,
And using the fill handle of that 2 cell selection, drag to copy *and*
increment.

Actually, it looks like typing A100 in your first cell and simply dragging
it down is enough to create the series... the second value (A101) in the
second cell does not appear to be necessary before hand.

Rick