Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Data Input

Dear experts,

I've a data file with the format like the one below:

Date A/C No. A/C Name Type

At present, there are 4,000+ records. The problem is, whenever I receive
some clients' transaction records from sources, sometimes by A/C No. and
sometimes by A/C Name, I've to input the new transaction records into the
master file one by one. What I think is, the A/C No. and A/C Name are already
existed and fixed information, the only difference are transaction Date and
Type. What I am doing now is to search the existing client by A/C No or A/C
Name, then I insert a row, copy the previous row and paste to the inserted
row, finally I change the Date and Type. If there are over 300+ reocrds a
week, it is a bit clumsy and time consuming to do the job in my existing way.
Is there any better method or any ways to auto input the data? Please kindly
advise.

Thanks in advance.