Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF function

My problem is, if condition is met I need two true responses.
=if(c24="W";c20=20 "and" b20=c20+1;whatever)
Any help??
--
JuanB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 8, 12:03 am, Juan Bta.
wrote:
My problem is, if condition is met I need two true responses.
=if(c24="W";c20=20 "and" b20=c20+1;whatever)
Any help??

Generally, you cannot have two numeric values in a single cell. And
in the above, it appears that is not what you are trying to do after
all. The following appears to meet your needs:

In C20: =if(c24="W", 20, "")

In B20: =if(c24="W", c20+1, "")

These formulas return the null string where you wrote "whatever".

I presume that the only reason that you wrote c20+1 instead of 21
(since we know that C20 is 20) is that you want the flexibility of
changing the constant in C20 without having to also change B20.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My Excel 2003 doesn't accept (,) I have to use (;) but it doesn't work anyway.
Let's put it in other words. If the condions are two instead of just one, say:
=if(this and this;true;false) how would you do it??
--
JuanB

"Juan Bta." wrote:

My problem is, if condition is met I need two true responses.
=if(c24="W";c20=20 "and" b20=c20+1;whatever)
Any help??
--
JuanB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND(this1,this2);true;false)
.... but that didn't seem to be what you were asking for the first time,
which was the question which joeu2004 answered for you; at that stage you
had one condition and two true responses, but now you have two conditions to
be ANDed and one true response?
--
David Biddulph

"Juan Bta." wrote:

My problem is, if condition is met I need two true responses.
=if(c24="W";c20=20 "and" b20=c20+1;whatever)
Any help??
--
JuanB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TY David.
I have both problems and still need to find asolution for my original
question but the thing is that the nesting if(and(this1,this2;true;false)) or
if(this;(and(true,true));false) doesn't seem to work. I always get a message
regarding the missuse of comma.

--
JuanB

"Juan Bta." wrote:

My problem is, if condition is met I need two true responses.
=if(c24="W";c20=20 "and" b20=c20+1;whatever)
Any help??
--
JuanB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are using semi-colon instead of comma as your list separator then I
should, of course, have changed the last remaining comma too.
=IF(AND(this1;this2);true;false)

If in doubt, just type the function name into the formula bar, click the fx
button, and let the wizard provide the fields for you to fill in (or use
Insert/ Function from the menu bar).
--
David Biddulph