Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default spread sheet excel for payroll I can put hrs in and get totals

I would like to created a simple spread sheet in excel that I can put clock
in hrs &clock out hrs and get a total
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A B C
Time In Time Out Hours
22:00 06:30 8.50 '<== row 2
09:00 17:00 8.00

Cells in columns A &B are formatted as hh:mm

Formula in C2 is:

=(MOD(B2-A2,1)*24)

which allows for working over midnight.

Cell formatted as Number with 2 dec places

Copy down as required.

HTH

"gracious" wrote:

I would like to created a simple spread sheet in excel that I can put clock
in hrs &clock out hrs and get a total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would like to created a simple spread sheet in excel that I
can put clock in hrs &clock out hrs and get a total

If your "Time In" is in column A and your "Time Out" is in column B, both
starting in row 1 for this example, then put this in C1

=MOD(B1-A1,1)

and copy down for as many rows as you have data.

Rick