Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Complex SUMIF question

Or I think it is a sumif, but I can't seem to make the conditional work so
I'm not sure.

Here is what I need to do.

Add up all the numbers in column C if column B (text) includes the string
"FCOM" or "F/COM"

Sample data

Column B Column C
RSAS F/COM 25
RSAS MR 35
BES FCOM 5
UB/MR 10
F/COM, UB, MR 20

In this example, I want to add up rows 1,3,&5 and return 50.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

try
=sumproduct(isnumber(search("FCOM",B1:B5))+isnumbe r(search("F/COM",B1:B5)),C1:C5)