Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Show Two Decimal Places After Concatenation

The value below is generated by a function. I used the "&" symbol to
concatenate the "ツ」" with the value. Sometimes I use a "$" and sometimes I
use a "ぎ". Now, I'm trying to show just two decimal places.

ツ」9506944.44444444

Can someone please help out?
TIA!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

="」"&TEXT(A1,"#.00")
but this cannot be used in a calculation so why not format the cells as
needed?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
The value below is generated by a function. I used the "&" symbol to
concatenate the "」" with the value. Sometimes I use a "$" and sometimes I
use a "?". Now, I'm trying to show just two decimal places.

」9506944.44444444

Can someone please help out?
TIA!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this with the TEXT function. I've kept the currency symbol
separate so you can easily change it:

="ツ」"&TEXT(A1,"0.00")

or you can include it within the format string:

=TEXT(A1,"ツ」0.00")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 2, 2:38ツ*pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
The value below is generated by a function. ツ*I used the "&" symbol to
concatenate the "ツ」" with the value. ツ*Sometimes I use a "$" and sometimes I
use a "ぎ". ツ*Now, I'm trying to show just two decimal places. ツ*

ツ」9506944.44444444

Can someone please help out?
TIA!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Beautiful!! Simply beautiful!!
I went with something like this:
=TEXT(MONTHS,"0.00")&" MONTHS " &EXPIRY_TEXT

="ツ」"&TEXT(A1,"#.00")

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
The value below is generated by a function. I used the "&" symbol to
concatenate the "ツ」" with the value. Sometimes I use a "$" and sometimes I
use a "?". Now, I'm trying to show just two decimal places.

ツ」9506944.44444444

Can someone please help out?
TIA!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, how does that tie in with your original question about currency?

Pete

On Aug 2, 3:18 pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
Beautiful!! Simply beautiful!!
I went with something like this:
=TEXT(MONTHS,"0.00")&" MONTHS " &EXPIRY_TEXT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I extend my thanks to everyone who got involved!

"John Bundy" wrote:

Here you go
=TEXT(A1,"ツ」0.00")

--