Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macros to Pull Errors to Top of the Page

I'm working with some data with about 30 fields. I've written macros to
capture errors within any of the fields. At this point I need to determine a
way to pull all of these errors to the top of the worksheet. How do I do
this. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

do you want a resort with the errors at the top or do you want to insert new
rows with the errors?
do you want the entire row with error, or just the cell with the error?
do you want to delete the original cell with the error, or leave it in place?
How do you identify the error?
how do you indicate the error?
do you want the macros to move the error, or a separate macro to more the
error?

an example of input data and format and prefered output format would be
usefull

We need some more details before we can answer your question. because there
are a lot of options.

"Daren" wrote:

I'm working with some data with about 30 fields. I've written macros to
capture errors within any of the fields. At this point I need to determine a
way to pull all of these errors to the top of the worksheet. How do I do
this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need to pull the erroneous data to the top of the page. I'm searching for
duplicate information, such as invoice number, on the same date. I know how
to use conditional formatting to pull duplicates to the top, but since I have
many more columns of data for which I'm not looking at duplicates, I'm not
sure how to pull all the errors (such as time errors) to the top in spite of
pulling duplicate invoices to the top. Thanks.

"Daren" wrote:

I'm working with some data with about 30 fields. I've written macros to
capture errors within any of the fields. At this point I need to determine a
way to pull all of these errors to the top of the worksheet. How do I do
this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

none way is to use a helper column
in the helper column
=if(iserror(sum(A1:AA1),0,1) and copy down
if there is an error anywhere in A1:AA1 it will show as a 0
sort all on the helper column
if there is something else other than an error messaage which designates an
error
then the formula needs to be adjusted to look for the error indicator.
the match fuction can be used (maybe) depending on your method