Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copied formula won't calculate

When I copy and paste a formula to a new cell, the new cell will show the
result from the original location.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does it say in the toolbar? Sometimes it maintains a connection to the
data in the original workbook if you pasted in another.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Lisar." wrote:

When I copy and paste a formula to a new cell, the new cell will show the
result from the original location.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When pasting do Paste special -formulas
If you also need the formatting, use the paint brush after step above.
Also, you may want to confirm that the calculation is set to automatic. Go
to Tools -Options and select the calculation tab. If you must leave the
calculation set to manual, use the Shift F9 key combination to calculate the
sheet where you have pasted the formula. If you hit F9 it will calculate the
whole workbook and it may take a long time to refresh.

Michael Arch.
Please rate answers

"Lisar." wrote:

When I copy and paste a formula to a new cell, the new cell will show the
result from the original location.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Turn calculation mode to automatic under ToolsOptionsCalculation.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP