Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is this possible with Excel

eI need to use the Numbers presntly in L column.
Since there is a formula in L, I need to copy PASTE SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100
to M4:100.

Is there a way to "automatically insert a column left of M, and copy PASTE
SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100 to M4:100."

Could this be a Hotkey?
I do not see how code could do it, unless it refers to a hot key.

Thanks,
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Doing Tools Macro Record new macro......and then following the steps of
manually inserting a new column to the left of column M and then Copy
Pastespecial Values L4:L100 over to the new M4:M100. During the setup of
recording the macro the pop-up gives you the opportunity to assign your new
macro to a Ctrl-letter, which would in effect become your hot-key to fire the
macro on demand.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mark" wrote:

eI need to use the Numbers presntly in L column.
Since there is a formula in L, I need to copy PASTE SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100
to M4:100.

Is there a way to "automatically insert a column left of M, and copy PASTE
SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100 to M4:100."

Could this be a Hotkey?
I do not see how code could do it, unless it refers to a hot key.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Geez, Chuck. ......Uhhh.... WOW!..

Thank you.

I am sitting here..buzzin...

So The intial steps are?

Really, Thanks Chuck.,... I have to study hard now. My spreadsheet, along
with the help of MVP's is incredibles...

Mark

........... It was hard enough just figureing ou the question. No wonder you
guys are "out of this world".

Intial steps to make the hot key for this step a???

"Mark" wrote:

eI need to use the Numbers presntly in L column.
Since there is a formula in L, I need to copy PASTE SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100
to M4:100.

Is there a way to "automatically insert a column left of M, and copy PASTE
SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100 to M4:100."

Could this be a Hotkey?
I do not see how code could do it, unless it refers to a hot key.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shoot I got as far as Tools, macro, record new macro...then duhhhh...
Sorry, I am a confirmed imbicile!

Chuch... a few more steps budz.....

Mark

"Mark" wrote:

eI need to use the Numbers presntly in L column.
Since there is a formula in L, I need to copy PASTE SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100
to M4:100.

Is there a way to "automatically insert a column left of M, and copy PASTE
SPECIAL VALUE L4:L100 to M4:100."

Could this be a Hotkey?
I do not see how code could do it, unless it refers to a hot key.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Sorry for the delay Mark, I've been gone for the weekend. Just do Tools
Macros RecordNewMacro.....then follow the menu to name and assign a HotKey
letter to activate your macro.........then just go through the steps to
perform your task just as you would when doing it by hand......each action is
recorded by the macro.....when finished, just do Tools Macros
StopRecording.........then each time you hold down Ctrl and press your HotKey
letter, the macro will fire.........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3