Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate backwards from agreed upon purchase price to SP inc tax

I am trying to calculate from an agreed upon purchase price to the actual
sale price.

Assuming we agree on $16,500 Total Price (OTD)
less 2 fee's and sales tax to come up with the purchase price.

Thanks in advance for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1=OTD
B1=Fee1
C1=Fee2
D1=Purchase tax (%)

then assumming OTD=(Purchase Price (PP) + Fees)* (1+tax%) i.e tax is
applied to PP +Fees

then purchase price :

=(A1/(1+D1))-(B1+C1)

HTH

"rookie" wrote:

I am trying to calculate from an agreed upon purchase price to the actual
sale price.

Assuming we agree on $16,500 Total Price (OTD)
less 2 fee's and sales tax to come up with the purchase price.

Thanks in advance for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate backwards from agreed upon purchase price to SP inc

or more ...

=ROUND((A1/(1+D1))-(B1+C1),2)