Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I do this Formula???

I am hoping all of you smart excel buffs can answer this for me...

If I have a chart with COLUMNS labeled...
1) Name 2)price 3) category

How can I have all of the items prices (2) in a certain categroy (3) summed?

So that ...all of each category is added up?

Info Amount Cat
Staples 19.20 1
Officmax 106.91 1
Pictures 70.00 2
Classic Photgraphy 300.00 2
Website Yearly 840.00 2
Superfresh 45.06 3
Price Chopper 62.80 3
Shoprite 70.63 3
Walmart 0.74 4
AC moore 37.61 4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Either
=SUMIF(C:C,3,B:B)
or
=SUMPRODUCT((C2:C1000=3)*B2:B1000)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"dee24298" wrote in message
I am hoping all of you smart excel buffs can answer this for me...

If I have a chart with COLUMNS labeled...
1) Name 2)price 3) category

How can I have all of the items prices (2) in a certain categroy (3)
summed?

So that ...all of each category is added up?

Info Amount Cat
Staples 19.20 1
Officmax 106.91 1
Pictures 70.00 2
Classic Photgraphy 300.00 2
Website Yearly 840.00 2
Superfresh 45.06 3
Price Chopper 62.80 3
Shoprite 70.63 3
Walmart 0.74 4
AC moore 37.61 4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:06:02 -0700, dee24298
wrote:

I am hoping all of you smart excel buffs can answer this for me...

If I have a chart with COLUMNS labeled...
1) Name 2)price 3) category

How can I have all of the items prices (2) in a certain categroy (3) summed?

So that ...all of each category is added up?

Info Amount Cat
Staples 19.20 1
Officmax 106.91 1
Pictures 70.00 2