Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What is the formula that works for this

I have a B/S on one page and the data resides on another page for all 12
months.
By changing the month number on the Balance Sheet (B/S) it pulls the data
for that period to the apporpriate accounts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that the format is exactly the same on each sheet then the offset
function will do the job
Place the following on sheet1 B7
=OFFSET(Sheet2!A7,0,B$6)

B6 contains the month you want to call from 1 to 12. Copy as required.

Regards
Peter A

"dolson" wrote:

I have a B/S on one page and the data resides on another page for all 12
months.
By changing the month number on the Balance Sheet (B/S) it pulls the data
for that period to the apporpriate accounts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess you need to provide more information, but the offset will work
providing it is pointed in the right direction. For instances, can we assue
that the second sheet with each month's figures are set as:

Jan Feb Mar
Sales 2000 2200 2300
Costs 500 540 600
Gross Profit 1500 1660 1700