Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using offset function

I am trying to use the offset function to find a value and bring over bits of
information from the table the value represents. My only problem is getting
the function to use the value inside a cell for the cell reference. ie.
=offset(B29,5,1,1,1) where cell B29's contents are
"sheet1!D263". How do I get the function to recognize the sheet1!D263
instead of the actual cell B29?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it like this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(B29),5,1,1,1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"garwoos" wrote in message
I am trying to use the offset function to find a value and bring over bits
of
information from the table the value represents. My only problem is
getting
the function to use the value inside a cell for the cell reference. ie.
=offset(B29,5,1,1,1) where cell B29's contents are
"sheet1!D263". How do I get the function to recognize the sheet1!D263
instead of the actual cell B29?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you, it works, you are a life saver.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(B29),5,1,1,1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"garwoos" wrote in message
I am trying to use the offset function to find a value and bring over bits
of
information from the table the value represents. My only problem is
getting
the function to use the value inside a cell for the cell reference. ie.
=offset(B29,5,1,1,1) where cell B29's contents are
"sheet1!D263". How do I get the function to recognize the sheet1!D263
instead of the actual cell B29?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"garwoos" wrote in message
thank you, it works, you are a life saver.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(B29),5,1,1,1)

--