Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding max and min in column

I need some help finding the max and the min values in a column using a value
from another column. This is just a piece of the data, but the parts for
this question look like this:
Scan Date Time Planetcode
07-10-2007 13:50 4099830901802
07-11-2007 01:30 4099830901802
07-11-2007 03:42 4099830901802

The data comes from a larger web based database where all the fields are
exported as text. I have already filtered out the char(160).
I have a list of Planetcodes that I want to match against the full list and
get the max(Scan Date Time) and min(Scan Date Time) for each Planetcode.
I was thinking an array formula would work, but I guess I don't understand
them well enough to makes it work for this.

Does anybody have a solution?
Thanks
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about using autofilter, filter on the planetcode, then use

=SUBTOTAL(4,range)

for MAX,

for MIN change 4 to 5

Peo Sjoblom

"mikebres" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks all for the suggestions. I finally got the array formula to work. In
case anybody finds it useful here is what I came up with:

={MAX(IF(Planetcode=E4,SDT))}

It's simple once you see it.