Denise

Default Rookie needs a macro

Worksheet sent to me that I need to print labels for

A1 = I_NAMEP

B1 = I_ADDR1

C1 = I_ADDR2

D1 = I_ADDR3

Column A is full name
Column B is street address
Column C is City, State & Zip
Column D is empty

74 rows with data

Please treat me like a total novice. I'll need the step by step as to how
to enter the macro, how to run it so as to turn the data into labels (30 on a
sheet?)

Gratefully,

Denise

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Be sure the table is on first sheet of workbook. Close the workbook, and
save it when asked for it;
Open Word;
From Word menu, select Tools.MailMerge;
Click on Create button in Main document section, and select Mailing Labels
from list (you can create a new document, or use current one);
Click on Get Data button. and select Open Data Source from list. In Open
window, set data type to Excel files (*.xls), find your workbook, and open
it. Select Entire Spreadsheet, and press OK;
Press 'Set Up Main Document' (have you some other choices available there!);
Set your label options - you can use some predefined label, or you create
your own (custom) label;
Create the label: Type in texts, same for all labels, insert fields from
Excel table (press on button, and select field from list - column headings
in your Excel table are for field names here);
In Mege Data with Document section, press Merge button (you can set Options
before, i.e. determine filters and order - but you can do this later too);
In next (Merge) window, you can do a lot before you create your labels. You
can select the output (new document or printer in case labels, but there are
other destinations available too). You can determine the range of row
numbers in table to process. You can activate Query Options window, to
determine filters and order;
When done, press Merge. Mail merge is processed, and labels are created.

When you think, you need to use this Mail Merge setup later again, save the
main document. When you open it next time, the exel table is opened too.

Arvi Laanemets