Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting

Good day!

I have created a spreadsheet that is mostly comprised of vlookup statements,
and what I would like to know is if there is a way to conditionally format
the cell the change colour when I have manually typed over the formula? Does
that make any sense?
--
Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click Format-Conditional Formatting
Select "Cell Value is"
and "not equal to"
enter the formula as the condition.
click Format and select the properties you want.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I think it should work until someone
provides you with a better solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to be working, perhaps I'm doing it
wrong, but when I have my formula reading
=if(isna(vlookup(a2,input1,2,false)),"",vlookup(a2 ,input1,2,false)) in the
'not equal to' section, it still coloured the cell....
--
Thanks for your help!

"Sloth" wrote:

Click Format-Conditional Formatting
Select "Cell Value is"
and "not equal to"
enter the formula as the condition.
click Format and select the properties you want.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I think it should work until someone
provides you with a better solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Remove the = in the 'not equal to' section of your conditional format and it
should work..
It should
read....if(isna(vlookup(a2,input1,2,false)),"",vlo okup(a2,input1,2,false))

"Sloth" wrote:

Click Format-Conditional Formatting
Select "Cell Value is"
and "not equal to"
enter the formula as the condition.
click Format and select the properties you want.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I think it should work until someone
provides you with a better solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect! Thank you! I knew it had to be me :)
--
Thanks for your help!

"Sloth" wrote:

Click Format-Conditional Formatting
Select "Cell Value is"
and "not equal to"
enter the formula as the condition.
click Format and select the properties you want.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I think it should work until someone
provides you with a better solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

what version of Excel are you running?

Excel 2000 requires the = at the beginning. If I enter the formula without
it, then the formula changes to something like this...