Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help on averaging function

Address your concerns to the OP not me

I gave the OP what the OP wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the OP's
responsibility to know his data, not mine.
It is none of my business what the purpose of the OP's data is or how he
uses it

Once again, you seem to be the type of person to blame the messenger for the
message.

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"Dave Thomas" wrote...
You missed the point entirely. You should have looked at the original
message.

I did. The OP's process is flawed if future months contain 0s rather than
are blank. That should be corrected by making those cells contain nothing
or "", which AVERAGE automatically skips.

So what's the correct answer if any of the OP's HISTORICAL months contain
0s?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Dave Thomas" wrote...
Then address your concerns to Treesy, not to me!

Free speech is wonderful! I can address my replies to whomever I want.
You've requested, but I'm not about to comply.

You sound like the kind of person who blames the messenger for the message.

And you're the kind of person whose responses may or may not reflect some
knowledge of how Excel works, but are guaranteed to be devoid of any wisdom.