Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Offset every # of Rows

Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter in Cell I800

=OFFSET(I$63,16*(ROW()-800),0)

and fill down.

Alan Beban

Javier Diaz wrote:
Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use something like this in I800 :
=OFFSET(I$63,(ROW()-ROW($I$800))*16,0)
and fill it down the sheet.

In row 800, that formula would return 0 for the middle value (rows to offset
from I$63)
in row 801 it would return 16, which would return the value 16 rows below
I$63 (at I79)
in row 802 it would return 32, which would return the value 32 rows below
I$63 (at I95)
"Javier Diaz" wrote:

Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:12:04 -0700 from Javier Diaz
:
Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.

I have read this twice, and I have no idea what you want.

Please try to state clearly (and calmly!) what you are trying to do,
and I'm sure you'll get help.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Javier Diaz" wrote...
. . . I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95.

If you mean I800 and subsequent cells would evaluate to the values of every
16th cell beginning with I63, here's an alternative.

I800:
=INDEX($I$63:$I$262,16*ROWS(I$800:I800)-15)

Fill down as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wow Alan, that was great, I resorted to just putting OFFSET(I$63,$H393,,1)
where $H393 and 394 and 395 increments by 13, but your formula is perfect, I
just changed the 16 to a 13 and the 800 to a 391 where the formula Starts.
You rock!

"Alan Beban" wrote:

Enter in Cell I800

=OFFSET(I$63,16*(ROW()-800),0)

and fill down.

Alan Beban

Javier Diaz wrote:
Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i'LL JUST TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE STRICTNESS OF THAT 800, i DONT
KNOW HOW INSERTING A ROW SOMEWHERE COULD CORRUPT THIS FORMULA. i'LL HAVE TO
TEST IT.

"Alan Beban" wrote:

Enter in Cell I800

=OFFSET(I$63,16*(ROW()-800),0)

and fill down.

Alan Beban

Javier Diaz wrote:
Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise, I
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95. How can
I do this guys and gals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That is a good reason for not using ROW()

=OFFSET(I$63,16*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1),)

can be put anywhere and it will not be affected if you delete or insert rows

I would also use INDEX instead of OFFSET since it's not volatile

Finally, don't use caps when posting, it is considered impolite

Peo Sjoblom

"Javier Diaz" wrote in message
i'LL JUST TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE STRICTNESS OF THAT 800, i
DONT
KNOW HOW INSERTING A ROW SOMEWHERE COULD CORRUPT THIS FORMULA. i'LL HAVE
TEST IT.

"Alan Beban" wrote:

Enter in Cell I800

=OFFSET(I$63,16*(ROW()-800),0)

and fill down.

Alan Beban

Javier Diaz wrote:
Hello everyone, this is something I could just say = A1 then A=17 then
A so
and so. But why, when I could use an offset formula, but jeezz louise,
cant get it to work. I need a formula in I800to look at I63 bring back
the
data, then on I801 to bring back I79 then on I802 to bring back I95.
How can
I do this guys and gals.

OFFSET function in named range returning wrong # of rows Heidi Excel Worksheet Functions 5 March 20th 07 10:15 PM
Offset Eva Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 30th 07 01:39 AM
Offset Help Hunter Excel Worksheet Functions 5 January 26th 07 02:21 PM
creating columns with data from offset rows Scott Kelley Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 November 14th 05 02:15 AM
Max Offset Voodoodan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 19 May 26th 05 11:47 AM