-   -   VLOOKUP insert rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149688-vlookup-insert-rows.html)

Positive

VLOOKUP insert rows

I use VLOOKUP from different WORKBOOKS to my report. when I insert or
delete rows in my report, then all my formulas get scrambled (#REF ) .
Is there anyway that I can do to prevent it from happening? Please
help- THANKS

driller

VLOOKUP insert rows

Hi Positive,

one way is to immediately undo *BACK* your last action that produce the
#REF! result, thru an *Alarming formula which counts the #REF! error
results...

I am headed to same direction with your concern...
Maybe a Macro can trigger this Alarm, depending also on the type of #REF!
either 1) due to deletion of one cell in the same sheet.
2) due to deletion of other sheet or workbook.

I hope the there are always bright minds that keep giving bright solutions
to our realworld problems.

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..