Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extract first second "word" from a Cell..

I need to extract the second "word" from a Cell.

The data comes from a database, which I do have some control over. I'm
importing into Excel so that I can create new "elements" in order to do
charts.

One column, which seems so simple, is giving me problems.

The first two words in a column will always look like this:

PM Smith asdfasdfasfasdf (where asdf... is free text.)

I want extract the "Name" and create a new column with this value. I'm
hoping to avoid creating a bunch of nested "IF" statements searching for all
possible names.

Thanks,

KSL