Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF 5 years old by Dec 1 they will start Kindergarten

I am looking for help to determine a formula that will let me
determine which children who will be 5 years old by Dec 1, 2007.

Col
A [FirstName]
B [LastName]
C [DOB]
D [Classroom] (Kool Kidz, Kinder-Ready
If they are 5 in Dec, their classroom will default to KOOL KIDZ;
otherwise, they will be KINDER-READY
Can any one help me with this formula.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")

will give the age in years

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for help to determine a formula that will let me
determine which children who will be 5 years old by Dec 1, 2007.

Col
A [FirstName]
B [LastName]
C [DOB]
D [Classroom] (Kool Kidz, Kinder-Ready
If they are 5 in Dec, their classroom will default to KOOL KIDZ;
otherwise, they will be KINDER-READY
Can any one help me with this formula.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take Bob's formula one step farther and you can have this in D (assumes row 2)
=IF(DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")=5,"5 or older","Not yet 5 years old")

This doesn't cover the case of someone being too old for either, as 6 or 7
or 8 or 29. Substitute KOOL KIDZ and KINDER-READY as appropriate in the
formula.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")

will give the age in years

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for help to determine a formula that will let me
determine which children who will be 5 years old by Dec 1, 2007.

Col
A [FirstName]
B [LastName]
C [DOB]
D [Classroom] (Kool Kidz, Kinder-Ready
If they are 5 in Dec, their classroom will default to KOOL KIDZ;
otherwise, they will be KINDER-READY
Can any one help me with this formula.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jul 8, 6:54 pm, JLatham <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)
wrote:
Take Bob's formula one step farther and you can have this in D (assumes row 2)
=IF(DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")=5,"5 or older","Not yet 5 years old")

This doesn't cover the case of someone being too old for either, as 6 or 7
or 8 or 29. Substitute KOOL KIDZ and KINDER-READY as appropriate in the
formula.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
=DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")

will give the age in years

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for help to determine a formula that will let me
determine which children who will be 5 years old by Dec 1, 2007.

Col
A [FirstName]
B [LastName]
C [DOB]
D [Classroom] (Kool Kidz, Kinder-Ready
If they are 5 in Dec, their classroom will default to KOOL KIDZ;
otherwise, they will be KINDER-READY
Can any one help me with this formula.

Thank you in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ben and Jerry make good ice cream.

Bob and Jerry make Great Solutions!

Glad I could be part of the solution.

wrote:
Take Bob's formula one step farther and you can have this in D (assumes row 2)
=IF(DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")=5,"5 or older","Not yet 5 years old")

This doesn't cover the case of someone being too old for either, as 6 or 7
or 8 or 29. Substitute KOOL KIDZ and KINDER-READY as appropriate in the
formula.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
=DATEDIF(C2,DATE(2007,12,1),"y")

will give the age in years