Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array Formula and 2 Tabs!

I have 2 distinct tabs on my spreadsheet. One called "New Rules Sample", and
the other called "QA Data Sheet". I'm trying to capture all of my relevant
data on the QA Data tab, and so far so good. I have a variety of information
there. However, when I attempted to capture the 2 following bits of Data (and
tested my formula) I could not make it work. The formula seems to work well
with words (e.g. "Refusal"), but not so well with numerical values. Any
suggestions? Below are the 2 "Array" formulas I'm trying to make work with
respect to reporting the frequency (Row H) of BAC levels 0.16% or greater:

=SUMPRODUCT((YEAR('New Rules
Sample'!T4:T3500)=2007)*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"=0.16" },'New Rules
Sample'!H4:H3500))))

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT('New Rules Sample'!T4:T3500,"mmm yy")="Jan
07")*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"=0.16"},'New Rules Sample'!H4:H3500))))

Btw, Roger has been of incredible help to me, but I didn't want to tax him
further, so I'm putting this problem out to the group, lol!