Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to subtract a $ value based on specific date

Can't seem to find the right formula string to subtract a $ value from a true
$ value based on a specific < or "day" of the month - $ penalty charged
based on the "day" value is received.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tell us what your penalty rules are and give us some details about how
your data is laid out - where the "true" $ value is and where you want
to see the adjusted value etc.

Pete

On Jul 7, 12:06 am, pj_czar wrote:
Can't seem to find the right formula string to subtract a $ value from a true
$ value based on a specific < or "day" of the month - $ penalty charged
based on the "day" value is received.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pls clarify a bit with examples

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"pj_czar" wrote in message
Can't seem to find the right formula string to subtract a $ value from a
true
$ value based on a specific < or "day" of the month - $ penalty charged
based on the "day" value is received.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Pete and Don. I have a "loan amortization" worksheet that takes a
"payment" and breaks it down into "interest" and "principal". What I'm
trying to do is add a formula to the "payment" cell that will automatically
subtract a "late fee"; say $30 based on a "posted date"; date payment is
received and then breakdown the balance of the "payment" into interest and
principal. I tried to find a "pre-existing" spread sheet at MS with no luck.
While I have your attention, any suggestions on information site / books that
I could have referenced to find this information?? Thanks!!