Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default is there a formula to count something like this....

hello,

my "TEMPLATE" worksheet contains many if/sumproduct/index/match/lookup
formulas with dozens of criteria. The template (given to me) consists of some
merged cells which contains formulas and/or text.

my print_area B1:J63

i do not know if there is a formula to just simply count the error result
(e.g #N/A,#VALUE,etc)..
something like on A1=count(iserror(B1:J63))...

A1 will be called by a Macro that if it is "0", the print command will be
ignored!

hope this is a simple task.

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(B1:J63)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"driller" wrote in message
hello,

my "TEMPLATE" worksheet contains many if/sumproduct/index/match/lookup
formulas with dozens of criteria. The template (given to me) consists of
some
merged cells which contains formulas and/or text.

my print_area B1:J63

i do not know if there is a formula to just simply count the error result
(e.g #N/A,#VALUE,etc)..
something like on A1=count(iserror(B1:J63))...

A1 will be called by a Macro that if it is "0", the print command will be
ignored!

hope this is a simple task.

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks Sir Valko,

i did!

Looking forward to browse the MVP webpage <updated!

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(B1:J63)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"driller" wrote in message
hello,

my "TEMPLATE" worksheet contains many if/sumproduct/index/match/lookup
formulas with dozens of criteria. The template (given to me) consists of
some
merged cells which contains formulas and/or text.

my print_area B1:J63

i do not know if there is a formula to just simply count the error result
(e.g #N/A,#VALUE,etc)..
something like on A1=count(iserror(B1:J63))...

A1 will be called by a Macro that if it is "0", the print command will be
ignored!

hope this is a simple task.

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

To date, that's been the easiest question you've posted! <g

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"driller" wrote in message
thanks Sir Valko,

i did!

Looking forward to browse the MVP webpage <updated!

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(B1:J63)))

--