Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to convert a static formula to dynamic formula ?

I'm using relative referencing, but what exactly happening is when I copy the
formula i.e =A1+B1 from Cell C1 to Cell C2, the formula copied in Cell C2 is
=A2+B2 as expected, but the value is of Cell C1 i.e value of =A1+B1. why is
the value not changing ?

I'm aware of absolute referencing and i've checked for the $ sign in the
formula and there aren't any.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

probably it is not the referencing but that you need to go to
toolsoptionscalculations and select automatic.

"Pisistratus" wrote:

I'm using relative referencing, but what exactly happening is when I copy the
formula i.e =A1+B1 from Cell C1 to Cell C2, the formula copied in Cell C2 is
=A2+B2 as expected, but the value is of Cell C1 i.e value of =A1+B1. why is
the value not changing ?

I'm aware of absolute referencing and i've checked for the $ sign in the
formula and there aren't any.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You probably have the sheet set to manual calculation - press F9 to
force a re-calculation. Go to Tools | Options | Calculation tab and
check Automatic and OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete