Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default min, dmin, etc

I would like to have a function that was able to recognize the
smallest/largest figure in one cell based on a criteria. For example, let's
say I run multiple convenience stores and want to find the lowest price for
SKU 12345 in the following table:

SKU Price
11111 $3.00
12345 $1.50
12345 $1.51
11112 $0.92
12345 $1.49

My worksheet has a 2nd tab with a list of unique SKUs that are being used
and a single column to show the lowest price, and another to show the highest
(and the average). I can't seem to get DMIN or any vlookup functions to
work. Any advice would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try these array formulas** :

Min:

=MIN(IF(A1:A5=12345,B1:B5))

Max:

=MAX(IF(A1:A5=12345,B1:B5))

Average:

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A5=12345,B1:B5))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sduffield" wrote in message
I would like to have a function that was able to recognize the
smallest/largest figure in one cell based on a criteria. For example,
let's
say I run multiple convenience stores and want to find the lowest price
for
SKU 12345 in the following table:

SKU Price
11111 $3.00
12345 $1.50
12345 $1.51
11112 $0.92
12345 $1.49

My worksheet has a 2nd tab with a list of unique SKUs that are being used
and a single column to show the lowest price, and another to show the
highest
(and the average). I can't seem to get DMIN or any vlookup functions to
work. Any advice would be appreciated!

=DMIN(database,field,criteria) question about criteria Dummy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 16th 07 08:02 PM
dmin erhan Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 3rd 07 10:44 AM
DMIN Criteria Greg Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 28th 06 05:23 PM
MIN or DMIN ? Douglas McDonald Excel Worksheet Functions 1 June 28th 05 06:37 PM
Function DMIN? Function Question Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 20th 04 12:46 AM