Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to

Day one beginner here. Please point me in the right direction is this
is not where I should be.

Two questions:
1.What is the best free online tutorial for Excel 2003?

2. I want the percentage cost (40%) of all list prices in column B to
calculate automatically in column A. What is that forumula and where
do I insert that formula?

George the drummer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

George

Don't know which is "best" but have a look at these.

Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

For the second part about percentages.

You have list prices in column B

In A1 enter =B1*.40

Format Column A to percentage......formatcellsnumberpercentage

Double-click on the small black lump at the bottom right corner of B1 to copy
the formula down as far as you have data in column B.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP