Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Offset Graph reference problem

My X axis values start at A8 (headings on the 7th row). I have four series
one in each of columns C through F. (Column B has some misc. data). # of
rows grows as data is added.

I have succesfully used named formulas in the past when I had one X axis in
A and one Y series in B:

=OFFSET('sheet'!$A$5,COUNTA('sheet'!$B:$B)-'sheet'!12,0,'sheet'!12,1) I
name this X

=OFFSET('sheet'!X,0,1) I name this Y

So my problems a
How do I modify this formula for when my series is not the next column from
my X axis data.

AND

Y is mostly defined by X. So I need four X fromulas (X1, X2, etc) to define
my four series. But I don't think I can have multiple X ranges in the graph.
How do I modify to get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your series is one column to the right of your x axis, use this:

=OFFSET('sheet'!X,0,1) I name this Y
2 col =OFFSET('sheet'!X,0,2)
3 col =OFFSET('sheet'!X,0,3)

You can have multiple X axes in the graph, but you'll need to change them.
I usually do it with CHART - Source Data and change the series as needed.