Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Show True if numbers match

In cells DZ4:EG4, I have some numbers. In EH4 I would like to enter a
formula which checks if all the numbers shown match each other, i.e. if they
are consistent across the board.

If the numbers match, I'd like to show True. If one or more of the figures
is different, I'd like to show False.

Any ideas on how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

If all of the values will be numbers...
=(COUNTIF(DZ1:EG1,DZ1)=8)

or if there may be non-numerics...
=AND(ISNUMBER(DZ1),(COUNTIF(DZ1:EG1,DZ1)=8))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Sarah (OGI)" wrote:

In cells DZ4:EG4, I have some numbers. In EH4 I would like to enter a
formula which checks if all the numbers shown match each other, i.e. if they
are consistent across the board.

If the numbers match, I'd like to show True. If one or more of the figures
is different, I'd like to show False.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline