Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date and Time Formatting

I have original cells formatted as m/d/yyyy h:mm because that is the way the
program I'm working with returns them. Example is 9/30/2006 15:00. I need
to get just a mm/dd/yyyy format. At this point I formatted the origninal
data as mm/dd/yyyy, but the problem is that the time still shows up in the
function bar but not in the cell. I need just mm/dd/yyyy and not the time to
show up. Is there a particular function that can help to reach just the
mm/dd/yyyy and not show times?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It worked and I just copied the values over and formatted the new cell as
mm/dd/yyyy. Thanks a lot!
"Toppers" wrote:

If date/time in column A

in B1 =INT(A1)