Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default top3 selection

If I get the top3 from a list but I need the info from the list next to it -
how can I do that
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say your number list is in A1 to A20, and the data you want returned is in
B1 to B20.

Enter this formula in say C1, and copy down to C3, to get the corresponding
data from Column B in the same row as the 3 largest values in Column A:

=INDEX(B$1:B$20,MATCH(LARGE(A$1:A$20,ROWS($1:1)),A $1:A$20,0))

--
HTH,

RD