Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find top 3 in an unsorted list?

I have a list of data that is unsorted (and I cannot sort the data for
special reasons), but I want to find the 3 largest in a column...so its like
using the MAX function, but I need MAX 1, MAX 2nd, MAX 3rd. Here is an
example:

A B
Company 1 $200,000
Company 2 $100,000
Company 3 $500,000
Company 4 $550,000
Company 5 $212,000

I would like to pull in order the 3 largest
$550,000
$500,000
$212,000

Ideally I would like to pull the corresponding company also.

Please help me out. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Checkout the =LARGE() function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200732

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can also use autofilter, from dropdown select top 10 and then change it
to top 3, that way you will get a filtered list according to your needs and
the companies will be filtered accordingly

Peo Sjoblom