Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Compiling information from multiple workbooks and summarizing

I am trying to extract certain information from multiple workbooks into one
workbook sheet. The data I am wanting to compile varies between workbooks
with respect to the row and column addresses. In otherwords, it isn't in the
same location everytime. Most of the data is similar, but sometimes the word
I am searching for and it's cooresponding value in another column but same
row could be spelled wrong or somebody changed the verbiage so when I do a
look up function I get N/A. Also, in one case, the look up column is to the
right of the column that contains the value I want returned. So the look up
function will not work because it needs to be the left most column. What I
have done so far is to open each individual workbook, and select the cells
that I want to copy. I then create a worksheet in my new workbook and paste
special and click on paste link so that I have an updatable link to the
original file. From here, I go to my summary sheet, and write my functions
to go grab the information from the worksheet that I just pasted the link in.
This is the only way I know how to get all the worksheets into one workbook.
Any advice or articles to research that may help me would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--