Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Referencing every 5th cell in another sheet

I have one sheet (Sheet1) that contains data. Everey 5th row
in this sheet I want to put a referce to in sheet2.

E.g.

Sheet2.A1 = Sheet1! A1
Sheet2!A2 = Sheet1! A6
Sheet2!A3 = Sheet1! A11
Sheet2!A4 = Sheet1! A16

and so on...

Is there a way I can use Autofill in Sheet2 and return every 5th cell
from the other sheet, sheet1?

Regards
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jan,

One way, post this in Sheet2 cell A1
=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROW()*5-4)
Grab the fill handle and drag down as far as is needed

HTH
Martin

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one sheet (Sheet1) that contains data. Everey 5th row
in this sheet I want to put a referce to in sheet2.

E.g.

Sheet2.A1 = Sheet1! A1
Sheet2!A2 = Sheet1! A6
Sheet2!A3 = Sheet1! A11
Sheet2!A4 = Sheet1! A16

and so on...

Is there a way I can use Autofill in Sheet2 and return every 5th cell
from the other sheet, sheet1?

Regards
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
I have one sheet (Sheet1) that contains data. Everey 5th row
in this sheet I want to put a referce to in sheet2.

E.g.

Sheet2.A1 = Sheet1! A1
Sheet2!A2 = Sheet1! A6
Sheet2!A3 = Sheet1! A11
Sheet2!A4 = Sheet1! A16

and so on...

Is there a way I can use Autofill in Sheet2 and return every 5th cell
from the other sheet, sheet1?

Regards
Jan- Skjul sitert tekst -

- Vis sitert tekst -