Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you use IF function in pivot tables?

I was wondering if the IF or IIF statement could be used in pivot table
calculated fields/items? Any help/insight would be great.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve,
this maybe an odd suggestion. If the pivot will not be used as a filtering
table but rather a presentation report, in my case, i may feel convenient to
place the if formulas not in the pivot's calculated field but rather in the
adjoining column that will not be within the reach of the pivot table range
values automation. In this independent column, you may add more color coded
conditional formatting for your further nesting of validation requirements.

regards,
driller

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..