Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob Rob is offline

Default Using A Table In Two Sheets (maybe VLOOKUP)

Hello,

I have two sheets. The first one has numbers on it as follows:

Column A
6.49
7.56
8.27
5.23
4.55

The second sheet looks like this:

Column A Column B
1 0
2 7.99
3 8.99
4 9.99
....50 30.99

What I need to do is compare Column A in Sheet 1 to Column B in Sheet 2. I
need to look for where it falls between and insert the higher number of Sheet
2 Column A in a new cell.

For example, If the number in Sheet 1 Column A is 8.27 then this will fall
between 7.99 and 8.99 on Sheet 2 column B. I would want to see the number 3
appear in a cell since it is the higher Column A number.

A second example, the number 9.13 will show the number 4 in the cell with
the formula.

Thanks in adavance for any guidance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try:

In Sheet1:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$50,MATCH(A1,Sheet2!$B$1:$B$5 0,1)+1)

No check for "lookup" value 30.99!