Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i sum of decimal digit in absolute terms

I want to add
EG-1
10.4356900
12.4356847
25.2579655

the sum is 48
when i decrease the decimal into absolute by decreasing the decimal
then it is like this
EG-2
10
12
25
the sum is 47

now what i wanted that from EG.-1 I want sum 47 with showing
visibility of EG-2 means showing value without decimal
all i want sum of absolute value....by reducing decimal no background
decimal sum....

thanks i think i made clear my point

dhir
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not 100% sure what you are after
If you are looking for just the whole portion of the number ?
You could use a formula like =INT(YourNumber)

As example

10.24524569 when above formula is applied returns 10

HTH

"dhir" wrote:

I want to add
EG-1
10.4356900
12.4356847
25.2579655

the sum is 48
when i decrease the decimal into absolute by decreasing the decimal
then it is like this
EG-2
10
12
25
the sum is 47

now what i wanted that from EG.-1 I want sum 47 with showing
visibility of EG-2 means showing value without decimal
all i want sum of absolute value....by reducing decimal no background
decimal sum....

thanks i think i made clear my point

dhir
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want to add
EG-1
10.4356900
12.4356847
25.2579655

the sum is 48
when i decrease the decimal into absolute by decreasing the decimal
then it is like this
EG-2
10
12
25
the sum is 47

now what i wanted that from EG.-1 I want sum 47 with showing
visibility of EG-2 means showing value without decimal
all i want sum of absolute value....by reducing decimal no background
decimal sum....

If I understand you correctly, use this formula against EG-1 (assumed to be
in the range A1:A3 for this example)...

=SUMPRODUCT(INT(A1:A3))

You could also use this array version...

=SUM(INT(A1:A3))

but you must commit the array version (only) with Ctrl+Shift+<Enter.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Tools/ Options/ Calculation:
Precision as displayed.