-   -   Auto Filter Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/147010-auto-filter-range.html)

Subhashis Bhowmick[_2_]

Auto Filter Range

Sir,

After specifying some range in a worksheet, only 1000 similar records appear
in the autofilter, How I can see more than 1000 records in a filter.

Regards,

Subhashis Bhowmick
Nagpur

RichardSchollar[_2_]

Auto Filter Range

Hi

The records will be visible within the spreadsheet itself, but you are
limited to 1000 unique records displayed in the Autofilter dropdown
(at least in xl2003 and below). There is no way around this limit in
xl2003 and below of which i am aware.

Richard

On 19 Jun, 11:16, Subhashis Bhowmick
wrote:
Sir,

After specifying some range in a worksheet, only 1000 similar records appear
in the autofilter, How I can see more than 1000 records in a filter.

Regards,

Subhashis Bhowmick
Nagpur

Pete_UK

Auto Filter Range

You can get round the limitation in a variety of ways. For example,
using a Custom filter and if your values are numeric you can choose
Greater than some number, or if the values are text then you could
choose Begins with and then enter letters.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 19, 11:16 am, Subhashis Bhowmick
wrote:
Sir,

After specifying some range in a worksheet, only 1000 similar records appear
in the autofilter, How I can see more than 1000 records in a filter.

Regards,

Subhashis Bhowmick
Nagpur

David Biddulph[_2_]

Auto Filter Range

Best bet is to use a helper column to get to the appropriate part of the
list. For example, use LEFT(A1) to get the initial letter, filter first by
that initial letter, then you can pick up the detail you need & filter by
that.
--
David Biddulph

"Subhashis Bhowmick" wrote in