Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Needing to return multiple values from single column

I'm trying to pull multiple values from a singe column. (I think I'm
saying that right)

This is basically what I'm trying to figure out.

A B C D E
Name Phone Position Sun Mon
6/3 6/4
CCU/ICU
Gretchen 754-3720 CCRN/Dir A
Lisa T 423-1642 CCRN A
Virginia 423-1076 CCRN
Teena 423-1343 CCRN A A
Jonean 465-4005 RN/3 P
Dave 423-2426 RN/3 A
Allyson 423-2269 RN/3 P P
Sarah 427-3853 CCRN

I need to search through column D for all "A" values and have it
return columns A&C to a different worksheet. I have tried using Alan
Beban's (Vlookups) to return one column [the name column]and it works
except it returns all references to the "A" value across all the
columns. For instance if the lookup value was "P" it would return two
instances of Allyson where I only need it to search down and return
Allyson only if the lookup value in that one column is "P". If anyone
can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

I need to search through column D for all "A" values and have it
return columns A&C to a different worksheet.

One way using simple non-array formulas

Assuming source data as posted is in Sheet1, from row2 down

In another sheet,

Put in A2:
=IF(Sheet1!D2="A",ROW(),"")
Leave A1 blank

Put in B2:
=IF(ROW(A1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SMALL ($A:$A,ROW(A1))))

Put in C2:
=IF(ROW(A1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(Sheet1!C:C,SMALL ($A:$A,ROW(A1))))

Select A2:C2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of data in Sheet1's
col D, say down to C200? Hide away col A. Cols B & C will return the
required results from cols A & C in Sheet1, with all lines neatly bunched at
the top.
--
Max
Singapore