Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying hours and minutes

How do I get excel to display results in hours and minutes, not as
time but as duration?

For example in cell C2 I have 175 for 175 minutes. In cell D2 I have
C2/60 to give 2.9166667 as the result in hours as a decimal.

How do I get it to display that decimal in duration of time e.g. 2
hours 55 minutes?

Cheers

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John --

If your data cell is A1, then here's a formula that works:

=INT(A1) & " hours and " & ROUND((MOD(A1,1)*60),0) & " minutes."

HTH.

"John" wrote:

How do I get excel to display results in hours and minutes, not as
time but as duration?

For example in cell C2 I have 175 for 175 minutes. In cell D2 I have
C2/60 to give 2.9166667 as the result in hours as a decimal.

How do I get it to display that decimal in duration of time e.g. 2
hours 55 minutes?

Cheers

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks guys! Both those methods work great.

John