Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macros with variable data

Hi Gary:

I used your macro and it worked great....now, though, I want to create a
macro to do almost the same thing, except I want it to retrieve more than 1
field of data for the person...Can I tweak this one to do what I want?

I want it to say say: If "Doe, Jane" is found by auto-filter in Column A
from
Cell A2:A160 in Worksheet 2 , Take the data in Column A through Column L and
copy to Worksheet 1 "Jane D" in Cells A4 to L14.

How can i do that? You are terrific and I'm so new to this, I really
appreciate it.

--
jeannie v
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You should either include the code you have or you should put this question
on the previous thread.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"jeannie v" wrote:

Hi Gary:

I used your macro and it worked great....now, though, I want to create a
macro to do almost the same thing, except I want it to retrieve more than 1
field of data for the person...Can I tweak this one to do what I want?

I want it to say say: If "Doe, Jane" is found by auto-filter in Column A
from
Cell A2:A160 in Worksheet 2 , Take the data in Column A through Column L and
copy to Worksheet 1 "Jane D" in Cells A4 to L14.

How can i do that? You are terrific and I'm so new to this, I really
appreciate it.

--
jeannie v

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeannie

Not sure of the relevance of AutoFilter.

Another option is to search for the cell, extend the range and copy and
paste the data to sheet1

Dim JaneCell As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set JaneCell = Nothing
Set JaneCell = Cells.Find( _
What:="doe, jane", _
After:=Range("A1"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)
On Error GoTo 0

If JaneCell Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No Jane Doe"
Exit Sub
End If

JaneCell.Resize(1, 12).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A4")

Regards

Trevor